Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I Do

Forty two years ago today, November 25, 1967, Hubbie and I said, I do. We did and it took.

He was 20, I was 19. We lived in Texas at the time. Because of state laws, his mother had to go to City Hall with us and sign permission for him to marry. I, being a grown woman of 19, was considered an adult at 18. He was not legal until he was 21. So, it was the Hubbie, his Mom, and me, riding on the elevator up to sign the papers for the license, not very romantic but I remember it like it was yesterday.

We have had a good life, not a perfect life, but a good one. There are regrets, things we wish we had not done, put up with, suffered, but there are things that are wonderfully wonderful, too.

We were discussing what to get for gifts. We decided we needed a new digital camera with video for the GRAND baby because that is now a must in our lives. He makes us so happy even on sad days. I went to the big W yesterday and bought a red Kodak camera. I was going to buy another Samsung, more expensive, but decided to go for the Kodak. I will put it in a pretty bag, give it to him, he will open, act surprised, put it back into the bag, give it to me, I will act surprised. It will be fun. We have all we need and only a few wants left in life. God is good.

So, today, I am sweetly reminiscing. Love is deaf, dumb, and blind but also lasting.

We think we're going to make it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: