Thursday, August 13, 2009

I DID IT, What will you do?

Once a upon a post, a few days back, I challenged you to go see your Congressional representatives IF 'they' were not holding any meetings during this, 'their', August break.

We have two conservative senators that do a great job standing up for the people of our state. I still call and email them so they will know I am out here and supporting their efforts. If they do something I like, I tell them. If they do something I don't like, I tell them.

However, we had a multi-term (why do we not have term limits on these people??!), democrat senator that retired last year. He was replaced with like kind. Like kind is not having any meetings during the August break because 'he just had one last month'. This is the reply I received when I visited his local office recently.

I voiced my concern to the lady that is the one lady in the one person office.

I told her I NEVER want a government health care program. I wanted the government to NOT be in control of my health care. To please tell the Senator, to which, she said she would. She has worked in the one person office for 19 years, which means, she is a hold over from the last democrat retiree. No problem, everyone likes job security. At first she was a bit guarded but as we talked, she eventually smiled, gave me her card, thanked me for coming. I asked permission to take a picture of the door. Permission was granted.



So, fellow blogger, I issue this challenge. IF 'they' are not coming to you, you go to them. Grab your keys, get into your car and drive to their nearest office even if it takes awhile to go. It is worth it because..........

“One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.” Plato

There is another office in a town about 25 miles away. I will be visiting it, too.

What will you do?

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

1 comment:

Chocolate Maniac said...

Good for you! I've been writing letters and calling like crazy. I've donated to have ads run that clear up some of the lies that have been spread about this bill that no one (who's voting on it) had read. THANK YOU for taking your time out to do what you can. BTW, I looked over the biz info, and it sounds like something I could see myself doing down the line when my kiddos are older. Take care!