Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Here a Pound, There a Pound

As some of you know, I am trying to loose weight still one more time. I am attending a nearby weight loss group and attempting to eat about half of what I have been eating. I'm making small changes.

This being one of them...before I would drink...



Now, I drink....



At the meeting, I learn something each week. One thing is to write down everything that goes into your mouth. Eat it, write it. This small effort puts you in control and shows you what you are really eating, allowing to make changes along the way.

I am a lifetime member of Weight Watchers. When I joined I paid $4 per week. When I reached goal and became a lifetime member, my fee dropped to $3 per week. I tried to go to a local a meeting but it was a disaster plus it was $12 per week. It's just too expensive for my budget.

This is a personal observation: I have never known, personally, anyone that lost weight on WW, keep the weight off. I think it is a mind set that is a bit off. It uses words like legal, good bad, etc. When you 'go off' the plan, there is a false guilt that many cover with food. I have been on WW twice, tried it many more times, and both times gained back what I had lost plus more. When I hit that magical number, it was as if I was given a get out of jail free card. I ate.

All weight loss programs work because they are low in calories. Calories are the key. Loosing weight is pretty simple, take in less, loose weight. Take in more, gain weight. I've lost 8 pounds with many more to go. I'm taking it a week at a time not worrying about the past week and not focusing on the week ahead. I focus on the week I am in at the moment.

Why do we make it so hard?

No comments: