Saturday, June 13, 2009

Today I've Decided

Today was a busy day. I meant to accomplish something but did not plan on working like a horse. I hope I can get out of bed tomorrow. Whine.

I am finishing up the Master bedroom redo. So, I decided to change the shower curtain and the rug (in the Master bath) to a calmer color, keeping with the taupe in the bedspread. Because I am using decorative items I have already in an effort to keep the cost down, I needed a new shower curtain because the other did not match. Plus I needed a new bath rug so why not do it now? I still need to get a few small white hand towels and a few matching silk flowers. I will post pictures on Monday after my shopping adventure.

The old shower curtain was black and the rug was black and tan. Time to change.

Since we have company coming next week for Fathers Day, I decided to give the bathroom a good cleaning. It has been a long time since I cleaned a bathroom with a toothbrush and toothpicks. Now I know why. It's hard work! But, I'm pleased with how clean the room is. Hummm.....maybe I should take pictures now. It is even harder when you do it left handed and you are right handed.

During this process, I've decided to only buy white towels for the rest of my life. One thing that I do not like is sour smelling clothes and towels. I bleach everything I can. My colored towels end up spotted or faded or both. So, it's white is right for me from now on.

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

I too, when we moved into our tiny apt., decided to only buy-- in the future-- white towels. I had to wash underwear with towels while there so the towels had to be bleached... I purchased white towels--mine were colored-- and loved them...in fact the bathroom was all white..even a white batenburgh shower curtain.... loved it because seasonally I could change out accessories and nothing clashed.

With all the white, there was lots of light reflection, which meant I could light a couple of candles, turn out the lights and have a bath by candlelight, which was awesome.

Carol said...

Good idea! I love white anyway and being able to change is great! Thanks for the input.