Monday, June 15, 2009

David Letterman Follow Up

I called these two people to complain about David Letterman:

Leslie Moonves
CBS President and CEO
323 575-2345

Rob Burnett
Executive Producer, The Late Show
212 975-5300

The first number is answered by a person. I explained why I was calling, was very nice, concerned that the lady was battling a cold, so on and so forth. She was polite and put me on a recorded message line. My comment was polite and upbeat included statements ... I am a woman, mother of a daughter, I am offended by Mr Letterman's gutter language, he is a man that knocked up a woman, etc. He should be fired. I left my name and phone number so it would not be considered a prank and in case they needed to contact me.

The second number is answered by a male person. When I told him my name and why I was calling he suddenly became very cold and silent. I asked him if he was overwhelmed with all of this, no response, which gives me a hint that he is!! teehee. I went on to say that I am a woman, mother of a daughter, I am offended by his treatment of Sarah Palin and her daughter, he is a man that knocked up a woman, if the same thing was said about Michelle Obama and her daughters Mr Letterman would no longer be on tv, and I am a former flight attendant so he has offended me in several different areas. I left my name and phone number explaining that I wanted them to have it so they would know this is not a prank call. He did not ask me to repeat it so I doubt he even wrote it down. I repeated Mr Letterman should be fired. He did not thank me for calling.

If we do nothing, stuff like this will continue. Even the most liberal mother does not want her daughter talked about in such a way. All mothers are Momma Bears when it comes to their babies....the claws come out!

No comments: