Thursday, June 4, 2009

Do you Ebay? I do.

Yep, I'm an Ebayer. I have been registered for a few years now.

Although I have not made a ton of money, I have made some extra cash to help my son's college bill. I do not have a business but I do consider it a hobby of mine.

The best Ebay story I have is about an organ book that I bought at a local used bookstore. It is not about a kidney, a liver or lungs, it's about learning to play the organ theater style.

When I bought it, I thought, this will not get much but it is old and I'm trying to sell sheet music during this go around. So, I bought it. I paid $4.99 plus tax and brought it to my house. I listed it in a few days and was very shocked at the response.

The book sold for a final price of OVER $150.00 American dollars! Yep, true story.

Ebay is a great website. I go through spurts of enjoying it and taking a break, usually a very long break. When I finally force myself back into it, post a few things and make a few dollars, I enjoy it.

I'll never get rich doing it or become famous but it is some extra cash for the boy. It's a good hobby for me, too, to help divert my attention, much like this blog.

Now, where did I put that lottery ticket?

No comments: