Tuesday, February 2, 2010

OKEE DOKEE ROOFEE ROOFEE

We are getting a new roof today. The roofers are here and boy are they loud. There are ten or so men crawling on top of the house, up the ladder, down the ladder, in the front yard, in the back yard. They're everywhere but why is there a woman with a baby in my front yard?

Yes, they are suppose to all be legal, have SS cards but if you are an adult, born here, grew up here, why can you not speak the language? The 'boss' speaks broken English at best. I asked about it before the job. The company rep assured me they all had the proper cards. I wonder.

Anyhow, last year, our little town had a hail storm. Our neighborhood is all getting new roofs, new roof vents, etc., paid by insurance, which is the right thing.

So, I am sitting here, blogging, watching the Military Channel about World War II, listening to the noise. It is suppose to be finished today. I have taken a few pictures which I will post later.

The sun is shining so it's a good day to get a new roofee.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: