Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Junk Food Night

This is quickly becoming my favorite night of the week.

As some of you know, I am attempting to loose a bunch of weight. After one surgery, I gained 60 pounds. After falling and becoming unable to work, I put on another 20 just because I became so inactive. Both of these led to depression and the fact that I can no longer work.

However, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I joined a group, not WW, but another, cheaper one. It is fun so I call it my happy meetings. I have lost 10 pounds. It is a long path but I am progressing.

One way I am handling it is to have Tuesday, after I weigh on Tuesday morning, as junk food night. We eat something junk food-ie. Tonight, the menu is Hebrew National Hot Dogs, on wheat buns, NOT the reduced fat, chips, baked beans and home made from scratch brownies. This one night is helping me to not feel trapped or a failure.

I eat junk food and start over the next morning, Wednesday. It is great fun and very freeing.

Give it a try. Eat this not all but some:

Then back on the path.

Isn't it time to get you back?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

Yes, it's time for me to get back on the path...haha..I'm glad for you that you are able to tackle the chore and fight the fight to lose the excess weight. I haven't lost any of my regain but I am in a better place than I was a few years ago mentally when it comes to food. It is becoming less important to me, and no longer the forbidden fruit, so the power I gave it is diminishing.

And I'm with you--no baked potato chips...the real deal is preferable to baked any old day. I usually buy the small serving bags that are 3/$1..helps with portion control and I don't have a large bag sitting in the pantry calling my name.

Carol said...

Yep you are so right.