Saturday, September 19, 2009

Daylight Savings Time

Daylight savings time is suppose to be a boom to all of our lives. Is it to you? To me, it only messes with my head.

Right now, I am sitting at the keyboard of my trusty eMachine, barely able to keep my eyes open. The time is 8:39 PM. Can we have a great big yawn? YAWN.

We live very close to the farthest point of the Central Time Zone. Actually, only about an hour from the line where it switches from Central to Eastern time. Because the central zone reaches as far as El Paso, Texas, the sun starts going down and it gets dark here very early. I should do a study on how many miles the Central Time Zone actually covers. I will put that on my list of to do things.

Yesterday, I switched the summer decorations on the front porch to the fall decorations. I took down the straw hat with the pink flowers and pink tulle bow replacing it with the big grapevine wreathe decorated with different shades of orange artificial mums. There is also a variegated orange with green ribbon.

The pink pillows were swapped out for the rust brown with gold trim pillow. A dark green pillow and a green stripped pillow in the white rocker. The pink flag had to go. The flag with the fall colors is now hanging proudly. I also found a cute whirl doo dad for $2.40, clearance, on a recent mystery shop. It is on the side of the front porch, twirling in the wind. I should post some pictures just for fun.

My question for this post is, where in the world did winter, spring and summer go?
????????????????????????????????????????????

No comments: