Thursday, September 3, 2009

I Hate Cancer

Today is another funeral for a person that has died of cancer. He was a good man and lived a great life. His health was good until they found the cancer.

A mom has found she has a brain cancer. Her last child, her son, was just married last month. She is having a full body scan to see if the cancer came from another part of her body. She looks so small and frail. I am concerned for her physical abilities to face what is coming.

A young dad is battling cancer. He has been through a nightmare, taking all the treatments they have available to help him live.

My own parents died from cancer. They were both only in the 50s. I had cancer in 1975
and have been cancer free since chemo treatments. The fear of it never leaves.

I have a friend that has survived breast cancer. I know of a few more that are survivors. We are few.

Cancer is such a horrible disease. It weakens the body and in some removes what a person was in a battle to survive. The thing that is horrifying about cancer is, you can have it and not know it until it is too late.

If you suspect something, go to the doctor today or tomorrow or as soon as possible. There are cancers that can be detected with blood tests or x-rays. It is worth the money to have the peace of mind.

Tears for all those that have cancer.

When will there be a cure?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Dinahsoar said...

I hate it too...I hope I live long enough to see a real cure.