Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my 61st Birthday. I am as old as Israel, the new Israel, not the ancient times Israel. Israel became a nation, after the 1948 war, in May. I was born in July of the same year.

It's very quiet in my house today. Hubbie is at work. The sons were here last weekend. The daughter is somewhere in South America on a cruise. What should I do today?

I woke up early, showered, brushed the teeth, put on the face and headed to an early morning coffee shop in a local near by small town. I am back and now blogging.

Birthdays are strange most of the time. It seems the only one that it is really important to is the birthday-ee. But as long as a person keeps having birthdays, it means you are still alive, breathing, and above the ground.

Years ago I read this quote:

ANY DAY ABOVE GROUND IS A GOOD ONE!

So, today is a good day, my 61st birthday. I'm happy to still be above ground.

Happy Birthday to me.



11:45 AM ---- UPDATE...The youngest son, drove 2 hours to come take me to lunch for my birthday!!!!!!!!! YIPPPEEEE!

No comments: