Tuesday, September 10, 2013

TUESDAY MONEY TIP

This is pretty simple.  Don't know why I have not thought of it before now!  After all, I've been grocery shopping for over 45 years. 
 
I was shopping at my new favorite grocery store, Publix, last night.  I needed to pick up a few things.  I spotted the NY strip steaks on sale.  The down part was there were only packages of four or more.  Since there are only two of us, why pay double? 
 
I picked up the package, walked to the meat counter window and asked if I could buy only two of the steaks in the package of four.  The answer was yes.  Which two would you like?  I pointed to the two I wanted.  The kind employee took the package, opened it, took out the two, reweighed, packaged and labeled the two steaks with the new weight and new price. 
 
The price dropped from over $20 dollars to just over $10.  Plus I was able to get the best of the four to put into my cart!  Plus, I was still given the sale price!  Bingo!
 
So, if you only have a certain amount of money to spend on packaged items, there is no harm in asking if the items can be repackaged and reduced in number, as well as cost. 
 
Why spend it on something that you really don't want to freeze or keep for future use or if your cash is limited?!
 
No picture.  Grin.  Just take my word for it.  It's your money.

***********

No comments: