Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mothers Day but a very special one for us....

Let me begin by wishing all the Mothers in the USA a Happy Mothers Day! It's a great day to have the ones we love remember us. I am so thankful that I am a mother.

I have friends my age that have chosen not to have children. Somehow it seems like only selfish reasons but nonetheless, their reasons and their decisions.

Now, after years of raising children, I look back and see how fast the years flew. My oldest and second child are 6 years apart. My second and third child are 9 years apart. This makes my oldest and my youngest 15 years apart, same mother, same father. I lost a baby to miscarriage, developed cancer and was given a 50-50 chance to beat it. The other option was a total hystr. I wanted more children so I took the 50-50 chance. Thankfully, I was healed and had two more wonderful children.

I am so thankful for them. They are adults now. Two are married and the last one is in college.

I said all that to say this. Tomorrow is a very special Mothers Day for us. Our first and only grand baby boy will be dedicated in church. It is not a baptism but rather a time to give the baby back to the God that gave him in the first place. It is a time to promise to raise him and train him to be a good, decent human being, to love God, and to live a life that will be a blessing to others in his world.

I think back and realize that his Daddy was only 4 when I had cancer. If I had died then, he would have been motherless and probably raised by another mother but not me. I am thankful for him and his care for me even though he was just 4, he helped take care of me even on my sickest days! Now, he is grown and has his own little boy to love and raise.

If we had chosen not to have children, then the things we would have missed out on are uncountable!!! Plus, now, we would have never been a grandparent.

So, life is worth living and Mothers Day is a special day for our entire family...tomorrow....May 10, 2009.

No comments: