Friday, June 14, 2013

CLEANING HOUSE

I use to enjoy cleaning my house.  I did it every week without fail.  I even cleaned with a toothpick and an old toothbrush, even scrubbed my floors on my hands and knees, really,   I was that picky.  Now, it is boring to me and I have to 'force' myself to get it done.
 
Years ago, this was my schedule:
 
Sunday was Sunday.
 
Monday was laundry day and regroup from the weekend, clean the house.
 
Tuesday was ironing day and scrub the bathrooms day.
 
Wednesday was whatever day.
 
Thursday was grocery store day.
 
Friday the Hubbie was off so we chilled, ran errands, ate at the local K&W, veggie plate, everyone drinks water, day.
 
Saturday was the kids home day, also freshen up the bathrooms day.
 
Everyday was laundry day if there was a full load, normally, I had 3 to 5 loads a day, depending on if sheets were washed, etc.

For years, I cleaned on Friday.  One day it dawned on me that it was all undone by Monday so I switched to cleaning on Monday because it seemed to last longer.  Smart move.
 
Now, at my age, I am doing well to accomplish one thing a day, other than laundry, loading the dishwasher, making the bed. 
 
I dust one day, vacuum all of the floors another day and finally mop the floors.  The bathrooms are/should be done twice a week, usually on Tuesday and Saturday.  It's not really because I am old but it's because I have the don't wanna be-s.
 
Snickering.
 
So, better get up and vacuum because it's Friday and I am bee-hind!
 
Enjoy the weekend, Everyone!
 
**********



No comments: