Tuesday, December 1, 2015

MONEY SAVING TIP......LUNCH FOR $1.09 CASH

Eating out can be expensive.  It can also be cheap.  This money saving tip is about eating out cheap.

There are several websites that I have signed up for over the years.  One of them is for Steak n Shake.  Yum.  I received an email it was my one year 'anniversary' being a member of that website. 

What did I get for my gift? 

Free food.

I received a coupon for one double steak burger with cheese, which I never eat because it is usually extra, the cheese that is.  Plus an order of French fries.  The trick was you had to use the coupon for a dine in meal.  No problem.  I can do it.  So, in the rain, I waddled into the local franchise. 

Several times over the years I have purchased a large sweet tea, easy ice, from this restaurant.  Why?  It is only $1.  Yes, it is what I picked today, too. 

My tab totaled up to be $1.09 for a nice lunch. 

Yes, I left a $1 tip, too. 

Technically, I ate for $2.09 but the food cost was ONLY $1.09, for the tea.

There are pictures to prove it but the pictures are yet to be downloaded from my phone.   It will happen. 


Later.....take my word for it....grin.

Hint:  even if you drive thru, between the hours of 2 PM and 4 PM, as well as 2 AM and 4 AM, a very large sweet or unsweet tea is ONLY $.55.  In fact, ALL of their drinks are half price including milk shakes.  fyi

***********

No comments: