Thursday, June 18, 2015

MONEY TIP.....WASHING THE CAR

A few years ago, our little town was chosen to have an automatic drive through car wash.  It is very nice and probably a real money maker for the owners.  I have used it many times.  The wash prices start at $8 go to $10 with the premium being $12.  

Besides driving through while staying in your car, there are two employees who hose down the windows, front of the car and the back as you are slowly entering the tunnel.  

Then when you drive out, there is 'free' diy vacuuming, rug cleaner, air freshener tabs.

This may sound like a good value.  I'm lazy, the real reason I have been a customer.

But last year, I went cold turkey and gave it up.

Now, I drive to the get out, hose it down yourself, dry off the windows, get back in the car, drive off location.

Why?

With two cycles it costs me $3.  IF I hurry, then I can get a car done in one, costing $1.50.

It's so hot in Dixie now that drying is not really necessary.  The water evaporates and the car is dry barely before you drive onto the street.

Sure I get hot and sweaty.  Sure, it's messier.  Sure, I don't like it as much.

BUT.....

If I spend $3, max, and do not spend $8, the least, I save $5.  If I spend $3, max, and do not spend $10 or $12.   I can do it with my one good hand.  Grin.

Well, you see where I'm going with this.

Do it yourself.  Save the money.  Done and done.

***********

No comments: