Saturday, January 1, 2011

ONE THING EACH DAY

It is here, the brand new year, already, really.

I no longer make resolutions, too many years of doing so, dropping the ball, being frustrated over the failure. Aren't they just made to be broken? Don't know, crazy idea, anyway.

My attitude is changing this year, I'm too old to worry about resolutions. I will accomplish one thing every day this year, some days it will be ordinary things, others, something different.

Today, it will be to start a money jar to save for vacation this summer. Simple enough.

3 comments:

Dinahsoar said...

Little bits add up...I always think I'd like to reduce our water bill and realized that a savings of 25 cents a day--$7.50 a month--would cut it by almost one third. Seems doable.

Carol said...

How are you doing it?

Dinahsoar said...

I quit taking a shower and bath every day--just a bath and I don't fill the tub much. Also quit shampooing my hair everyday...and when I brush my teeth I turn the water off until I need to rinse...I save the dish water from breakfast and just add hot water as needed for lunch...I only do full loads of laundry...and I'm careful to not turn the taps full on.