Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Adam Walsh

Do you remember little Adam? His part toothless little smile, standing tall with his baseball hat on his head and the bat in his hand? I do.

I was a young mother, myself, back then. I remember the horror that went through our little town at the news of Adam's abduction from a local Sears store in Florida. The world changed that day for me. We were more vigilant, more aware, more protective.

Today, 27 years later, his killer has been named. The man is now dead and has been for a decade but all of the evidence pointed towards him, a pervert, child predator, murderer, who decapitated little Adam and threw his head in a canal. The rest of his body was never found.

But today, Adam, you have justice. May your killer continue to burn in hell and you sweet, Adam, may you rest in peace.

Your life truly had purpose and you will not be forgotten.

No comments: