Tuesday, December 28, 2021

90 years old

 I never know what I am going to see at the grocery store.

Today was interesting.

I saw this elderly woman limping around doing her shopping. Well, actually shopping for a friend.

I stopped and asked he if she was having knee problems or back problems.

She said, lower back and that she had new knees in her eighties.

She then said I'm 90.

My mouth dropped open.

She was lovely.  She was dressed nicely in black slacks and red top.  Her hair was done and she was wearing full make up.

I felt like a ragamuffin. 

She inspired me to not give up and work on how I see myself, dress myself and wear my makeup more.

She was lovely and I thought maybe, just maybe I might, just might, make it to 90 and still be doing my own grocery shopping.

We don't know how or when our time will be up but she was inspiring.

Yes, I was inspired in Kroger today.  

Now, read the first line.

Life is good.

************


No comments: