Wednesday, March 13, 2019

THINKING

Several times over the years of being married to the same man for 52 almost years.  I would say....I've been thinking.  

His response.....oh no, not again.

So, here I go again.

I've been thinking.

I am trying to figure out the years of my life that I have left/remaining.

No one knows how long that will be, of course.

But the kids are grown.

One has passed away.

What now?

I had dreams when I was young.  

Now I am old and now those dreams are gone.

How does a person refocus and try to look forward as a senior citizen?

It doesn't seem as though there is much now.

My parents both died in their fifties.  I have outlived both of them.

I am a 44 year cancer survivor this year.

I am thankful to still be breathing.

So what now?

I am open to suggestions.

**********

2 comments:

Donald Fishgrab said...

What an opportunity we have as we age to get to know the Lord better. We have enough experience to understand why he does or says things certain ways, and time enough to really think about him that was often missing when we were younger.

Bunny Slipper Grammy said...

Not sure I will ever understand some things...