A great way to save time and energy is to use the good old Crockpot. It is a great way to have an easy dinner ready when you get or home.
This is a new recipe I'm going to try:
1 lb. ground beef
29 oz can tomato sauce
8 oz pkg. lasagna noodles, uncooked
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
1. Spray the inside of the crock-pot with cooking spray
2. Brown the ground beef
3. Stir the tomato sauce in with the ground beef
4. Spread 1/4 of the meat sauce on the bottom of the crock-pot
5. Arrange 1/3 of the uncooked noodles over the sauce; break to fit better into pot
6. Combine the cheeses in a bowl. Spoon 1/3 of the cheeses over the noodles.
7. Repeat these layers twice
8. Top with remaining sauce
9. Cover and cook on low for 4hrs (you can start the crock-pot on high in the morning before work; put it on low till ready to eat at supper time)
10. Let the lasagna stand in the crock-pot with the lid off for at least 10 minutes
1. Add chopped onion and garlic to the ground beef
2. Use Italian sausage in place of ground beef or with ground beef
3. Add 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese to the cheese mixture. Replace cottage cheese with Ricotta.
4. Add 1/2 cup additional shredded mozzarella cheese to the top of lasagna 5 minutes before serving
Hope I can freeze the leftovers or maybe I will share with some friends in our little town.....why should we all 'cook'?