Tuesday, February 28, 2012

CHANGE AS IN COINS

Everything seems to be going UP in price. You name it...
Gas
Diamond rings
Bread
Pizza Sauce
Grass seed

Crazy days are here. What is a person to do to save money? Well, spend less. Budget what you do have coming in monthly. Get creative.

Do you know that most clothes that say dry clean only can be washed by hand in cold water with a mild detergent? Yeah, it's true. (Would not recommend this for The Hubbie's suits!!!!) The only thing I have taken to the dry cleaner this year is a big winter coat which I have not even worn because winter in Dixie has been almost non-existent this year!!

Years ago. I talked to a man who actually owns a dry cleaner, well, several. I asked him how they dry clean clothes, what do they use. He told me they wash everything. I said, everything? Yes, everything. I didn't really believe it so I continued to spend the dough on the clothes. It was like paying for the outfit over and over. Over the years, I stopped buying dry clean only clothes. Still sometimes, it is not possible because everything seems to say dry clean only. Conspiracy?

I've stopped spending the money on dry cleaning. Always test the fabric if you can or be willing to loose the garment in case the fabric messes up. Nothing has been ruined, so far, but you never know.

A penny saved is a penny earned, not dry cleaning garments can add lots of pennies, dimes and quarters to the budget.
***

No comments: